Expand your education in Small Business Commercial Lines Insurance
Expand your education in Small Business Commercial Lines Insurance
Take your business to the next level with ASNOA University's Small Business Commercial Lines course, an online education course offered exclusively for FREE to ASNOA affiliates. Whether you're a seasoned professional or a wide-eyed beginner, this course will help you sell small business commercial policies more confidently. The Summer 2020 course will focus specifically on how to offer commercial policies after COVID-19!
Take your business to the next level with ASNOA University's Small Business Commercial Lines course, an online education course offered exclusively for FREE to ASNOA affiliates. Whether you're a seasoned professional or a wide-eyed beginner, this course will help you sell small business commercial policies more confidently.
WHAT IS THIS COURSE
The “Small Business Commercial Lines Course” (or SBCL) provides knowledge and education of the basics to confidently and profitably sell small business commercial products. In this course, students will focus on the principals, coverages, agency management, customer services, best practices, and marketing strategies for SBCL. The goal is to provide a working knowledge of Small Business ACORD applications and ISO policy forms for Business Owners Policy BOP, Commercial Auto-CA, Workers Compensation-WC and Umbrella –UM.
WHY SHOULD I ENROLL
This program provides tools, resources and best practices, along with informative marketing ideas to put a plan in place for selling Small Business Commercial Lines insurance with confidence.
SBCL Course Agenda
Thursday, January 14, 2021
Lesson 1 – Definitions
- Master definitions of Insurance 101, Risk, Perils and gain basic knowledge of regulations
Lesson 2 – Best Practices
- Interact with a mock prospect and utilize quote sheets
- Grasp how to transfer information from quote sheets onto the ACORD 125 Commercial Insurance Application and its importance to an underwriter and your records
Tuesday, January 19, 2021 | 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM CST
Lesson 1 – The Basics of BOP & ACORD 160
- Learn the various classifications that are eligible for Small Business Commercial Insurance
- Discover various resources to assist you with risk management and learn how to utilize checklists to identify coverage needs for new prospects
- Master how to take the information collected, review and complete a BOP ACORD 160 application by section to quote online or for submission to a carrier
Thursday, January 21, 2021 | 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM CST
Lesson 2 – Business Owners Coverage Form: BP 00 03 07 13
- Discover how to identify coverages, optional coverages, as well as exclusions on a BOP ISO Coverage Form: BP 00 03 07 13
Tuesday, January 26, 2021 | 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM CST
Lesson 1 – Intro to Business Auto
- Learn how to identify what types of vehicles qualify for Commercial Auto
- Grasp the definitions of each symbols 1 – 9 and 19 of a business auto claim
- Master how to complete the Business Auto Section application: ACORD 127
Thursday, January 28, 2021 | 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM CST
Lesson 2 – Business Auto Coverage Form: CA 00 01 10 13
- Discover how to identify coverages and additional coverages, as well as exclusions on the CA ISO form: CA 00 01 10 13
Tuesday, February 2, 2021 | 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM CST
Lesson 1 – Intro to Workers Compensation
- Learn how to identify WC classifications and how to utilize NCCI
- Review Experience Modifications, Contractors Credit, Officers/Partners Exclusions and Audits
- Master how to complete a Workers Compensation Application: ACORD 130
Thursday, February 4, 2021 | 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM CST
Lesson 2 – Review the Workers Compensation Coverage Form: WC 00 00 00 C
- Grasp how to identify coverages and exclusions WC ISO form: WC 00 00 00 C
Tuesday, February 9, 2021 | 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM CST
Lesson 1 – Intro to Umbrella and Excess Liability
- Learn the basic differences between Umbrella vs Excess Liability
- Master how to complete an Umbrella Application: ACORD 131
Thursday, February 11, 2021 | 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM CST
Lesson 2 – Review the Commercial Liability Umbrella Coverage Form
- Study how to identify coverages, exclusions on the commercial umbrella coverage form: CU00014W
Tuesday, February 16, 2021 | 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM CST
Lesson 1 – “Have a Plan, Work your Plan”
- Learn how to put a marketing plan in place utilizing available free resources and track your progress
Live Online Course
Like to have a live instructor when you learn? You can register for live online courses to train along peers and interact with the trainer in real-time. The course takes approximately six weeks, covering one chapter per week.
Kathy's SBCL Course is a great way to get an overview of each commercial line so you have at least a basic knowledge to get started. It also provides a great deal of resources to help you learn and start selling CL.
Homeland Insurance Group
I have been writing commercial business for several years and didn't realize all of the resources available to me. If you are new to commercial lines, it would give you the best start. Learning the ACORD apps and the resources available are priceless! As someone who has worked with commercial lines, it fills in the gaps and makes it easier to close the sale.
Bob Moffit Agency
The course gives you an understanding of each line of business so that you can feel confident in the product you are selling. Make sure you devote the time to really dig in and pay attention as there is such a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips without you having to go find it all yourself.
Scott Loveland Insurance
The class was very informative to get you better familiar with the ACORD forms and the information you need to know to help your customers better.
Westside Insurance Agency
I’ve been working in the independent agency sector since 1980 and have been a member of the ASNOA Team since 2005. I’ve attended the Travelers School for Commercial Lines Insurance. I lead the ASNOA Education Department and have trained hundreds of ASNOA Affiliated Agencies and their staff throughout the US using live classroom training, webinars, and recorded sessions.
My specialty is small business commercial training because I've been there in the trenches selling SBCL insurance as an independent agent. I understand the nuances of marketing and servicing to this particular market.
I have a proven track record giving guidance to agents by setting best practices, developing workflows within an agency and teaching agents how to utilize their Agency Management System. I present at multiple Applied Net Conferences, participate on the Product Advisory Committee, and continually strive to make day to day processes easier.
Overall, I take pride in assisting new ASNOA Agents transition into the independent agency sector, as well as providing ongoing training for new agent’s staff.
More of Kathy
Register for Small Business Commercial Lines
Registration is currently open for: Winter Semester
You must be an ASNOA member in good standing and able to commit to all six weeks of coursework to participate. In order to start your registration process, please fill out the interest form below. Not everyone who signs up will be able to enter the class. Seats are intentionally limited to give each participant more opportunity to ask questions and receive personal training. This allows for a more relevant and practical experience that is proven to help your business grow. If you are not selected, you will be entered into a waitlist for when the next course schedule opens.